I love Italian food, especialy pasta of any kind.I used to think Lasagna as this one great Italian dish which is very complicated to make.One day I came across a program by Giade De Laurentiies in the FoodNetwork about Individual vegetable Lasagna which made me completely change my opinion about this particular receipe.I like her way of presentation, she usually narrates the process slowly and in such a way that you feel like trying it immediately , if you have all the ingredients with you.That weekend I got some lasagna pasta and all other Ingredients needed.However I tailored the receipe to suit my convenience..hey thats how new receipes are born right.
There are a few things that I changed from the original receipe
Firstly The Original receipe calls for home made sauce, but I didnt have the patience to make the whole pasta sauce my self, So I took the store's help and bought some Prego pasta sauce.
Secondly I changed white beans to our favorite Rajma/kidney beans.
And the main change is I made the Lasgna in a whole casserole, rather than individual ..Other than that the procedure is the same.
Since this dish contains more vegetables , spinach, and beans its very wholsome and filling meal in itself. I have decided to send in this post for SweetNicks ARF/5-A-Day Tuesday event
Here is the receipe.Hope you enjoy this ...
1/2 bottle of Prego Pasta sauce
8 strips Lasagna Pasta
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup sliced Onions
1 cup chopped and cooked spinach
1 cup rajma soaked for 6 hrs and cooked /1 can kidney beans
1 cup shredded mozarrella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Method: Preheat the Oven to 375F
- Stir fry chopped onions, carrots and zucchini and keep aside
- Stir fri one cup spinach unil cooked and keep aside
- Cook Rajma in a pressure cooker and keep aside
- Cook the pasta in a deep vessel as per the cooking instructions on the packet
- Now Take a casserole dish and spread 3 tsp of pasta sauce at the bottom.
- Place the Lasagna pasta in single layer.If the pasta is too lengthy for your casserole dish, you can cut according to the size of your dish.
- Over this layer spread the stir fried vegetables.spread 3tsp of saue over the spread.
- Now again place a layer of pasta sheets.
- Over this layer spread the spinach and rajma beans.Spread 3 tsp of the sauce over this.
- Now place the final layer of pasta over the rajma and spinach spread.
Spread the sauce liberally over the pasta at this stage
Sprinkle the cheeses well over the Sauce.
Place the Casserole in the Oven and bake for 20 mins or until the cheeses melt and turns a little bit golden.
Cut and serve.