Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rajma curry with Garlic bread


Last week when we went to Sams club, we could not resist the aroma of freshly baked french baquette. We ended up bringing home a big long loaf of french bread. My idea was to make some kind of sandwich or panini during the weekend. But then on Saturday night I changed my mind and tried some garlic bread with the french baguette and Rajma curry to go with it. Initially my hubby thought that my idea was an excuse for rolling out chappati's, but then he loved the combination.
The taste of garlic bread in Rajma curry was absolutely amazing.
Hope you all try it sometime.

Here is how I made it...

Ingredients:
11/2 cup Rajma (soaked for 6 hours and cooked)
1 medium size onion
1 can of Tomato sauce.
1 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves

Some Paneer cubes - stir fried(optional)

Method:
Cook the soaked Rajma in Pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles
In a pan add 2 tsp of olive oil, add the garlic and ginger when the oil is hot.
Stir and add the chopped onions, fry till translucent, and add the tomato sauce.

Allow it to get heated thoroughly and then add all the powders.
Cover and boil for 10 mins.Add the paneer cubes which is optional. You can also add tofu pieces if you want. Simmer for another 5 mins. Add the chopped coriander leaves and switch off the stove.

For Garlic bread

Take 4 tsp of olive oil in a bowl
Add 2tsp of chopped garlic to it and let it set for 15 mins
spread this oil over the top of the bread and broil in the oven for 5 mins or until toasted brown

11 comments:

RP said...

I have never tried adding paneer to the rajma curry. Looks beautiful.

Lakshmi said...

looks nice. I haven't tried garlic bread with rajma, will try it.

Anonymous said...

Sumi, I am rather lazy and always short on time, besides being just short, too...so I just use canned red kidney beans instead of soaking, cooking, wondering are they done and so on!

BTW, thanks for tagging me with the Food Blogger's Meme. I finally got around to doing it today. Take a gander whenever you have the time.

sailu said...

I can imagine the flavor of garlic bread with rajma.Yummy!Nice picture.

Ashwini said...

You have got a nice color there to the curry. I am sure it must have tasted great with the bread. And I loved the eggless carrot muffins

Sumi said...

Thanks guys,
I was quite busy for the last few days, so didnt check my blog...
Thanks for ur comments

Anonymous said...

Hmmm garlic bread one of my weaknesses....what a deadly combo!

Sumi said...

Thanks lera

Anonymous said...

I had almost given up on rajma when I was in Delhi, and ate this at the canteen every day. I havent even tried cooking it once after that. Maybe I should get over my aversions and try a home cooked rajma.

reshma said...

interesting combo!

Sumi said...

Hi gini and reshma,
thanks, for visiting..Hope you give it a try

Related Posts with Thumbnails