Thursday, February 23, 2012

Simple Garlic Bread - My Way

Whenever I make soup of any kind, I tend to make garlic bread. Usually I add the butter - garlic mixture to the sliced bread and broil in the oven for about 5-6 minutes. But for the past few years I have been making it in a different way and love the bread made this way to bits and pieces. It makes the bread soaked up with the garlic flavor, without making them too crusty. I came across this method of baking garlic bread when browsing through one of the cookbooks from the library. I don't remember the name of the book but this tip got struck in my head forever :) 



Ingredients:
1 medium french baquette (I used a multi grain bread)
8 cloves of garlic chopped finely
2 tblsp butter
3 tblsp olive oil.
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper as per taste



Method.

Preheat the oven 350F

Chop the garlic finely.I used a garlic press from Ikea, such a nice kitchen accessory.

Mix  it up with butter, olive oil, oregano salt and pepper.Let it sit for 15 minutes.


Slice the bagutte in to thin slices 3/4 the way (not into separate pieces).

Fill up the slits with garlic mixture.  Brush the remaining mixture on top of the bread.


Wrap it up tightly with aluminium foil

Bake in the 325F  oven for 20 minutes.



Note :  You can also decrease the amount of butter and increase the olive oil, that works great too.
Home made garlic bread  is always the best as you can control the amount of salt as well as butter as per our need.
For more crispier slices grill it in the broiler for a minute or two.
 




26 comments:

Menaga Sathia said...

sounds very interesting,loved the way u prepared it!!

Kanan said...

Its different way of making garlic bread. Sounds yummy and interesting.

FewMinute Wonders said...

a fun way to make garlic bread.

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

interesting recipe...looks tasty

Suma Gandlur said...

Like your way of preparing garlic bread.

Julie said...

I love garlic bread,love this too..perfectly done..

Erivum Puliyum

jasna varcakovic said...

Simple and delicious...Yum!

jasna varcakovic said...

Simple and delicious...Yum!

Cilantro said...

I opt for the store bought and always found them too buttery. Will try this method soon and agree with you on the butter and garlic used.

hotpotcooking said...

Simple and nice bread. Happy to follow you sumi. http://hotpotmeal.blogspot.com

Cham said...

That would be great idea to freeze after the slicing and brushing with butter i guess. I never knew this way!

Hema said...

Looks so.. good, thanks for sharing this idea Sumi, first time here and wud love to follow U..

Mélange said...

Hey that's extremely tempting Sumi.I loved the garlic bread !

Sravs said...

so interesting one !! perfectly done and looks YUM !!

Ongoing event CC-Dish For Loved Ones

Faseela said...

that is a great idea.....luks yum....sumi great job

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely delicious...yummy garlic bread

Suja Manoj said...

Sounds interesting,love the recipe..will surely try this.

Mahi said...

Looks yummy! Will try it soon! :)

Mandira said...

yummy, I could eat it all day.

Namitha said...

love it ! I use cheese instead of butter/oil sometimes and it is great too :-)

notyet100 said...

Yummy combo,..:)

Laavanya said...

That looks really good... I love garlic bread too.. esp. with soup. Hope to give this method a try sometime.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

I always order garlic bread with my pizzas..Just love them...but never tried making it at home....Your way of making sounds good...

Thanks for dropping by my space.

Sriya said...

irst time here ... glad to follow you ... very yummy garlic bread easy way to prepare
visit my blog
www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Lovely flavorful bread.
Inviting you to participate in Cook Eat Delicious Desserts Event March 2012

Shobha Kamath said...

A novel way of making garlic bread !
Looks good ! Will surely try it out.
Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails