Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baked Salmon Cubes

I try to make salmon atleast once a week.Usually I whip up a quick curry to go with rice, but this weekend I wanted to have something very spicy for my brinjal and mango sambhar.Since my DH gives a big no to Fish fry, I baked the marinated fish pieces coated with tblsp of olive oil in the Oven .The taste was amazing and I did not miss my Pan fried fish at all. This is a must try recipe for those who love fish.

Ingredients:
2 Salmon Fillets cubbed.
1 tsp chilli power
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
1 tblsp Olive oil
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tsp fennel seeds/powder (optional)
salt as required
Method:
Mix all the above ingredients and marinate for an hour(atleast a minium of 15 mins)
Preheat the oven at 250C

Place the Fish cubes in a tray lined with slightly greased foil.
Bake for 10 mins, and then turn the pieces and bake for another 10 mins .After this turn the fish pieces again, set the oven in the broiler mode and broil for 5-8 mins or until the colour turns to red.Depending on the oven the timings may vary. Just keep an eye on it so that the fish doesnt get burnt.
Make sure that its not broiled for a longer time as the fish will become dry and rubbery.


6 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow health bhi....taste bhi....looks yum...

Kalyani said...

wow looks healthy one & delicious

Cilantro said...

I have started baking fish for two reasons, one its healthy and my kitchen is not messy anymore.

aparna said...

Healthy and yummy. You have very nice blog.

Aysha said...

Hey I tried this out and we just loved it.Thanx 4 d wonderful recipe.

Viya S said...

Looks delicious ,nice recipe, will surely try it out :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails