Friday, March 24, 2006

Stuffed Mushrooms - VCC:VCC - Q1 2006



Iam Posting this Receipe for "Virtual Cooking Competition" conducted by VKN of My Dhaba

This is a very interesting receipe and it does not require as much effort as it looks.
It was almost 5 years backwhen I first ate this appetizer dish in Olive gardens.It was so creamy and bubbling with cheese I absolutely fell in love with the mushrooms.As soon as I came home I started looking for the receipe in the internet.But I got so many versions of this receipe I got very confused and decided to stick to the simplest version from a library book..From that day onwards this is my special appetizer for any party or a potluck and it has always been well receivedand appreciated.

Ingredients:
1 Packet large white Button Mushrooms(about 12)
8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 medium sized onions fineled minced
2tbl sp Butter
1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
2 cups bread crumbs.

Method:
Preheat the Oven to 350C
Wipe the Mushrooms with a damp towel and scoop out the center of the mushrooms, and make it like a hollow cup(like in the picture)
Chop the scooped out mushroom stems.
Add the butter in a heated pan, add the garlic and the onion saute well.
add the chopped musroom stems and saute well.Add some salt and pepper
Now add the bread crumbs and mix well for 2 mins and allow it to cool.




Stuff the hollow mushrooms with this mixture and arrange it on baking tray.
Sprinle the cheeses over the stuffed mushrooms.






Place it in the oven and bake it for 20 mins, or until the cheese is bubbling and turns golden.
Serve it hot.






Note: I have gone easy on the cheese as you see in the pictures, but beleive me ,more the cheese the more the taste . So go ahead add sprinkle more cheese, and have fun for a day.

Enjoy with hot cup of tea!!!



Updated with some recent pictures.

4 comments:

Lakshmi said...

the pictures and your way of presentation is so good.

Sumi said...

Thanks Lakshmi

Anonymous said...

Hey sumi,
Same pinch! I too love this ,after I tasted it from Olive Garden. And out of all my stuffings, most of friends like my button mushroom stuffing. I dont add cheese though.
I should add cheese next time I make them. I am not a big fan of cheese tho.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails