Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes

I baked these cupcakes two months back and has been lying in my drafts since then. These cupcakes turned out so soft and moist that my four year old just adored them as much as we did. 

Here you go for the recipe.


Ingredients:
11/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup hot boiling water
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract


Method:
Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C


Mix in the cocoa powder and the boiling water in a seperate bowl. Let it cool to room temperature
Stir the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder)
Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl till frothy and creamy.
Add in the eggs one by one and beat till thick and pale.
Add the vanilla essence and beat till completely mixed.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Now add the dry ingredients little by little and mix well.
Gently fold in the cocoa mixture and mix till incorporated.
Fill in each muffin cups about 3/4th full. Bake for 15 -18 mins. 




Linking these cute cupcakes to Srivalli's "Chocolate Mela" .

13 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Yum yum,super irresistible and stunning cupcakes..

Faseela said...

wow....perfectly baked cup cakes superb

Unknown said...

looks so soft, Sumi

Cham said...

My son is in mood of chocolate this days, I should bake some chocolate goodies, looks perfect!

Spicy-Aroma said...

yummy cup cakes..loved it!!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious

divya said...

Seriously cant take my eyes from ur irresistible click,super tempting cupcakes....

Chitra said...

Looks perfect, its my long time wish to make a cupcake. hope it comes true this year ;)
)

Elpiniki said...

Amazing cupcakes! I love chocolate!
I just found your blog and I love it! Am a happy follower now! Visit me at:
my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
Hope to see you around!

roses said...

Classic....
rosesandgifts.com

Umm Mymoonah said...

Simple and gorgeous cupcakes, perfect treat.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looks very inviting sumi...woooooooooooow..;P
Tasty Appetite

Raks said...

Looks so delicious, nice recipe for chocolate muffins,mouthwatering now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails