Thursday, March 04, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies

Its been two months since I moved to a new place or I should say its been two months since I baked anything. But I have lots of cakes and cookies, neatly organised in my folders, waiting to be posted.They were the result of the baking marathon I ventured during the last week of december amidst all the chaeos of packing and cleaning.  I baked some cookies, cakes, brownies, and breads as if the world is going to end the next day. Since it was the holiday season, I didnt have to worry about finishing up everything as they were neatly packed and distributed to friends and collegues as soon as they have been photographed. 



These Oatmeal Raisin Coconut cookies were past of that marathon as well as my first attempt in baking the cookies. I made two batches of these following two different recipes.This is the first version. It turned out crispy and chewy , just the way I wanted. This gave me the confidence to try out the mexican wedding cookies that was posted earlier for global kadai event.

I adapted the recipe from here. I modified/added/removed some ingredients as per my taste.

Ingredients:

1 cup Softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract

3 cups of Instant oats
11/2 cup of Flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup of raisins
1 cup dry unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.


Method:

Preheat the oven to 180C
In a wide pan, slightly toast the oats, coconut and walnuts one by one and keep seperatly.
Toasting bring out the nice flavour in all the above three ingredients, but take care not to brown it.
In a small bowl beat one egg alond with the vanilla extract.

Now cream the softened butter and the sugars for 2- 3 minutes using a electric mixture.
Mix in the beaten egg mixture and beat till it becomes creamy.

Now add the flour and mix till its well combined.
Stir in the toasted oats , coconut , raisins and walnuts.

Line the cookie tray with parchment paper and spoon in the mixture.
Gently press each portion with the back of the spoon. Place them well apart.
Bake for 10  - 12mins. Mine took 12 mins. So keep an eye after 10 mins.
The cookies will be soft in the center after 10 mins, not to worry, it will become crisp as it cools down. So if the base it browned and crisp, you are good to go.

This recipe gave me 48 medium sized cookies.

15 comments:

Champa said...

Cookies look so tempting. to answer your question :
No it is for baking cakes. It is very similar to bundt pan. It is smaller than a regular 12 cup bundt pan. Its capacity is 9 cups. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Unknown said...

I alwys look for healthy cookie recipes...this one sure suits the bill will try it sometime

Rachel said...

Am glad you baked and i got to see these wonderful cookies.

Priya Suresh said...

Cookies looks wholesome and healthy, guilt free cookies to enjoy without any moderation..

kitchen queen said...

lovely and crunchy cookies.

Finla said...

A real healthy cookies

Tina said...

Yummy and crunchy cookies...

Sayantani said...

wow your oatmeal cookies are singing to me...lovely recipe dear

Padma said...

Cookies look so crunchy and also very healthy....

ruchikacooks said...

I love it! Easy and healthy..

I am hosting an event Sumikka, it is called Home remdies, any remedy you know from cold to aches, please send in ;)

Rachana said...

thats such a healthy and yummy cookies:)

Sashi said...

Cookies looks very healthy and tasty Sumi. They really turned out great.

Sarah Naveen said...

cookies look o perfect and yummy!!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

A delectable cookie

Hayley said...

Hey Sumi
thanx for visiting me...Oatmeal cookies looks delectable and yummy..just need one cup of tea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails